Recent and ongoing projects
Technical support for the social management of Fruta del Norte mining project : participative management of social risks
Client : Lundin Gold
In the context of the development of a major mining project in Ecuador, and after a first successful collaboration focused on the participative analysis of social risks, Lundin Gold solicited Insuco to continue its technical support regarding the implementation of the company social management processes and the local participative frameworks. This collaboration is based on the Corporate Territorial Responsibility (CTR) approach, formalised by Insuco, that promotes sustainable and inclusive territorial governance.
For more than 3 years, this collaboration has been ongoing, and the following activities have been carried out:
- Strengthening of the client social investment strategy and support to update the community relations strategy
- Support for the use of the stakeholder mapping tool, definition of management indicators and of simple monitoring mechanisms, to facilitate the decision-making process
- Development of participation and collective action frameworks, through the implementation every 6 weeks of “thematic roundtables”, which focus on the following topics: employability, local business opportunities, productive development, touristic development, moral and community values promotion, environmental responsibility, prevention of road accidents and damages to road infrastructure, and inter-institutional articulation
- Systematisation of the process and information management
- Participative measurement of the process results and impacts
- Support for the communication and visibility of the process within the territory, at national scale and at international scale
Tell us about your project!
Do you wish to discuss your project and its challenges? To learn more about Insuco and our expertise? To meet with us?