Project Manager Caribbean
INSUCO is an independent international consultancy specializing in social sciences and sustainability. Our aim is to create links between stakeholders in the same territory, in order to build sustainability.
We operate in various sectors such as mining, energy, infrastructure, agribusiness, institutional support, training, etc., in over 65 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
For more information on our Group, our activities and our teams.
Under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Project Manager is responsible for monitoring the commercial aspects of invitations to tender, contributing to the administrative preparation (collection of administrative documents and references) of commercial files, and to the logistical preparation of project implementation.
Position based in Santo Domingo, with the possibility of travel within and outside the country.
Duties and activities
The Project Manager will spend the rest of his/her time on the following activities:
- Management and implementation of ongoing projects
Sustainable Road Transport Plans in Saint Lucia and Grenada project
- Project coordination/management
- Coordinate the experts involved in the project.
- Monitor the time commitment of experts and follow up their timesheets in coordination with the Technical Director.
- Organize logistical planning for field missions.
- Participate in follow-up meetings with partners, the Customer, the authorities of Saint Lucia and Grenada and any other applicable meetings.
- Ensure reporting of meetings, if applicable.
- Quality control of reports
- Ensure compliance with the mandate schedule.
- Ensure quality control of reports provided by experts.
Other projects under the responsibility of the Caribbean Region Project Manager M/F
- Coordination of experts mobilized on projects;
- Organize logistical planning of field missions;
- Participate in data collection (depending on the location of the Caribbean Project Manager).
- Ensure compliance with project reporting deadlines;
- Ensure quality control of project products/outputs.
- Bid preparation and support for the start-up of new contracts:
The Project Manager Caribbean Region M/F will be called upon to set up new bids and start up new consultancy contracts contracted by Insuco’s Haiti office.
- Contribute to the drafting of responses to Requests for Expressions of Interest (AMI), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Gré-à-Gré contracts on which the Insuco Haiti office is likely to position itself.
- Participation and facilitation of scoping meetings for new consultancy contracts.
- Participation in the data collection phases of commissioned studies: surveys, organization of focus groups, analysis of secondary data, etc.
- Participate as required in field missions for projects;
- Participate in meetings of the Technical Departments in connection with the preparation of bids in Insuco’s various offices.
- Contribute to project communication efforts on Insuco’s web page and Linkedin.
- Administrative management
- Punctual supervision of investigators or field supervisors on projects requiring it;
- Draft mission orders for activities to be carried out in the field;
- Contribute to the updating of project file references in the Drive;
- Carry out any other related tasks requested by his/her supervisor.
- Bac+5 in social sciences, economics, agronomy or environment.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in responding to calls for tender and in project management/coordination;
- Knowledge of issues and international standards relating to Social Impact Assessments, knowledge of the principles of Resettlement Action Plans, experience in developing countries and in a consultancy would be additional assets.
- Excellent writing skills (drafting, analysis and revision of bids, technical and strategic documents);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is required;
- Proficiency in office automation and IT tools in general is essential.
- You have a keen interest in human development issues and would like to acquire or consolidate your international experience.
- You’re keen to get involved in stimulating projects within a dynamic, multicultural company, in a multi-skilled position that will provide valuable training for the launch and continuation of your career.
- Your motivation, availability, flexibility and strong work capacity will be decisive factors in your ability to work in a design office and respond to emergency situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high level of rigor will be a guarantee of success, as will a taste for teamwork and good interpersonal skills.
Position to be filled as soon as possible
Position based in Santo Domingo, with the possibility of travel within and outside the country;
- Open-ended contract;
- Health and repatriation insurance, reimbursable to the first euro;
- Annual return ticket to country of residence;
- Housing assistance;
- Communication package;
WANT TO JOIN US?
To apply, please send your application (CV + covering letter) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org