Recent and ongoing projects
Technical support for the assessment and audit of the implementation of a Resettlement Action Plan
Client : Minesa
Minesa is currently undertaking the process to obtain the environmental licence of the mining project Soto Norte, located in the department of Santander. In this context, Minesa solicited Insuco in order to provide a technical support for the assessment and audit of the entire Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) process, which includes its design, concertation and implementation, in collaboration with the company ERM that is in charge of the design and concertation phases.
The activities that are planned are in particular:
- Follow-up, support for and control of the contract execution by the implementing company, to verify the compliance with the obligations, as well as technical, administrative and financial aspects
- Verification of the correct implementation of the work plan, proposition of control measures, identification of possible gaps and support for the implementation of corrective actions
- Prevention of possible gaps, inefficiencies and inconsistencies in the design, concertation and implementation process
- Verification of the compliance with the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (EIAS) TOR, that were communicated by the national competent entity, with the national legal framework, as well as national and international best practices and standards applicable to RAP
The following deliverables are expected:
- Weekly reports for the follow-up of activities, recommendations, alerts and observations
- Monthly monitoring reports
- Documentation of the activities undertaken by the implementing company under Insuco supervision and control, for RAP design, concertation and implementation phases
- Periodic progress reports for the company and the potential stakeholders
- Final report
Tell us about your project!
Do you wish to discuss your project and its challenges? To learn more about Insuco and our expertise? To meet with us?