Recent and ongoing projects
Technical assistance in social management in the context of the Tarqui Mining Project
Client : Cerro Yatsur – BHP
Between November 2019 and June 2021, Insuco implemented an early access strategy and conducted social studies under the corporate territorial responsibility approach, in the direct area of influence of the Tarqui Mining Project. These activities were aimed at strengthening good community relations and complementarily activating the initial exploration stage of the project, in charge of the company Cerro Yatsur – BHP.
The technical assistance in social management implemented by Insuco, allowed to obtain the following results:
- Development of the Social Baseline Study, with the construction of indicators for follow-up and monitoring of social management contextualized to the challenges and opportunities of the socioeconomic and cultural dynamics of the territory;
- Implementation of the Working Groups mechanism, as a legitimate space for permanent multi-stakeholder dialogue between the community, the company, and other stakeholders with a presence in the territory. This space, facilitated by Insuco, has made it possible to generate consensus and resolve conflicts in the treatment of issues relevant to social management;
- Consolidation of a community oversight commission, nominated by the Community Assembly, as an instance of accompaniment, advocacy, and socialization of actions in compliance with the commitments generated in the Working Groups;
- Design and implementation of the Program for the Management of Prevention of Infectious and Contagious Diseases with special attention to COVID-19 and Communication Plan for indigenous populations;
- Facilitation of the design and implementation of community development projects, agreed upon in a participatory manner and aimed at benefiting the community and families. The social investment made by the Cerro Yatsur – BHP company also included community and family investments, as a counterpart. The purpose of these projects is to reduce the existing gaps in sanitation and, on the other hand, to offer an alternative agricultural-productive income for households.
Tell us about your project!
Do you wish to discuss your project and its challenges? To learn more about Insuco and our expertise? To meet with us?