Recent and ongoing projects
Qualitative and quantitative social baseline studies for an irrigation project
Client : International Finance Corporation (IFC)
The mission consisted in conducting two social baseline studies, one qualitative and the other quantitative, in order to assess the results and impacts of the first phase of the International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) irrigation project in Niger. A documentary review, a legal review, as well as interviews, focus groups, surveys and site visits permitted to carry out the two studies.
The following deliverables were provided to the IFC:
- A stakeholder mapping regarding the drip irrigation sector, agribusiness sector and family farms in the study area
- The interview guides and questionnaires used
- Transcripts of the interviews and focus groups
- A qualitative database organised according to specific thematic clusters
- A qualitative social baseline study report
- A comprehensive and cleaned quantitative database
- A socio-economic study report
Tell us about your project!
Do you wish to discuss your project and its challenges? To learn more about Insuco and our expertise? To meet with us?