Recent and ongoing projects
Support for the calculation of Conakry main roads length
Client : Enabel
SANITA programme is funded by the European Union and aims at improving the waste management sector in Guinea, and more particularly in the urban areas of Conakry and Kindia. One of the objectives is to organise the cleaning of Conakry, the transfer of collected waste and the management of waste, in the street or at the level of the collection points. One of the first steps is to organise street sweeping. The National Department for Road Investment has identified a structuring network organised in two axes. This study must be completed to specify the types of roads concerned and the location of the markets, that are major waste producers.
Insuco thus proposed its services in order to calculate the main roads length, according to their typology – double track, single track, highway – and to indicate the locations of the city markets.
The following deliverables were provided to the client:
- A georeferenced map background
- GIS layers of the primary roads that identify the structuring pathways and include the geographical determination by municipality and neighbourhood
- A GIS layer locating the markets and determining the primary roads adjacent to these markets
- A GIS layer of secondary and tertiary roads for Kaloum municipality, that indicates the total distance per neighbourhood
- A synthetic table showing the calculation of the road length
Tell us about your project!
Do you wish to discuss your project and its challenges? To learn more about Insuco and our expertise? To meet with us?