Recent and ongoing projects
Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) of the Rural Electricity Access Improvement Project (PAEMIR) in Ivory Coast
Client : CI-Energie
The Government of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, through the Ministry of Oil, Energy and Renewable Energies (MPEER) and Côte d’Ivoire Energies (CI-ENERGIES) has signed a financing agreement with the African Development Bank (AfDB) – for a total amount of EUR 48.82 million – for the implementation of the Project to Improve Access to Electricity in Rural Areas (PAEMIR).
The objective of PAEMIR is to increase access to electricity in Côte d’Ivoire and more specifically in 426 localities from the Districts of SAVANES, (Regions of Bagoué, Poro and Tchologo), WOROBA (Regions of Bafing, Bere and Worodougou) and ZANZAN (Bounkani and Gontougo regions).
It is within this framework that the SGS – Insuco group was mandated to carry out the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (CIES) and the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) of the Rural Electricity Improvement Project (PAEMIR). The objectives of the study were to:
- Identify existing sensitive elements in the biophysical and human environment of the project;
- Propose recommendations for mitigation of negative impacts and enhancement of positive impacts;
- Develop an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP);
- Assist affected persons in their efforts to improve their livelihoods and standard of living, or at least restore them in real terms, to their pre-displacement or pre-project implementation levels, the most advantageous case for them;
- Ensure that affected people, including poor and vulnerable groups, are supported in their efforts to improve their livelihoods and living standards.
Insuco provided the following services:
- Conducting socio-economic surveys and asset inventories among the affected communities;
- Stakeholder consultation to assess the social and environmental impacts of the project;
- Development of specific measures to mitigate the environmental impacts of the project;
- Development of pricing and compensation matrices that are fair and equitable to PAPs.
Insuco submitted the following deliverables:
- A full Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) report;
- A full Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) report.
Tell us about your project!
Do you wish to discuss your project and its challenges? To learn more about Insuco and our expertise? To meet with us?