Recent and ongoing projects
Socioeconomic and Community Health and Safety Baseline Study
Client : Collective Mining
The mining project of the company Collective Mining in the Colombian department of Caldas is currently in an exploration phase. In this context, Insuco has been asked to: characterize the households in the project’s area of influence from the socioeconomic perspective, as well as in terms of community health and security aspects, and develop a strategic information database that will help the enterprise to take informed decisions and anticipate potential negative impacts of the project on the communities.
Insuco implemented the following activities:
- Collection of socio-economic, health and community safety baseline information, adjusted to national and international standards;
- Characterisation of the epidemiological profile of the community in the project’s area of interest, based on secondary information and primary information collected in the field;
- Identification of information for corporate decision-making associated with the adverse and beneficial impacts of the exploration phase on the community in the area of influence;
- Analysis of the information obtained and its presentation in such a way that it can be appropriated by the company for its social management;
- Elaboration of a monitoring and evaluation plan, defining the indicators and periodicity of measurement for follow-up at the milestones of the stages of the mining project: exploration, construction, exploitation and closure;
- Elaboration of strategic considerations and guidelines for social investment.
The following deliverables have been submitted to the client:
- Socio-economic and community health baseline document and database;
- Document with strategic considerations and guidelines for social investment.
Tell us about your project!
Do you wish to discuss your project and its challenges? To learn more about Insuco and our expertise? To meet with us?